Monday, December 7, 2015

Week 15 - Email from Elder Holt

Hola everyone! :)

This week has been probably the hardest week of my mission so far. So it felt like a long week. But it's over now, and I hope next week will be better. :) We had transfers on Monday, and so that made things pretty stressful. I got assigned to be the senior companion of the two elders I am with, who are Elder Flood and Elder Tillotson. Elder Tillotson goes home on the 18th of this month, a few weeks early. He has been out for 23 months now! It's crazy! But both of them are cool guys! It's been difficult to adjust to a new companionship, as I'm sure it usually will be, but we are working on getting the kinks out of it.  :)

We had a good week though! We visited a lot of people, and so that has been really good! I always feel better when we are out doing the work we have been called to do. When I'm talking with investigators, or even just random people we meet, I can feel the spirit comforting me and helping me along. :) Elder Tillotson has actually served in this ward before, when he was brand new like me! So we spent some time this week trying to find the people that he was working with when he was here! It was pretty cool! :)

We had a few lessons with "D" this week, and he is doing awesome! And we had another lesson with "S".  He says the lessons with us really help him, so that's good!

There's not a whole lot to talk about this week... It's been a little hard trying to get used to this new companionship. But it'll get better, I'm sure :)

I loved watching the First Presidency Christmas Devotional! It was really good! :) And we also had our ward Christmas Party this week! It was on Friday! It was a lot of fun! We had a group called "the medicine show music company" and they were hilarious! They were three guys, playing a banjo, and a double bass, and a wiz bang, which is a whole bunch of different instruments strapped all together :)

That was pretty much it for this week! I hope you all are doing well! :)

Elder Holt

No comments:

Post a Comment