Monday, November 2, 2015

Q&A - Week 10

We each asked Gavin a question this week.  :)

1.  (Lauren) What was your favorite thing about Halloween? 
I loved being able to watch Freetown on Halloween! It was a very good movie about the missionaries in Liberia. You guys should watch it :)

2.  (Dad)  What has been your most spiritual experience on your mission so far?  
Definitely one of the lessons Elder Duce and I had with Steve, one of our investigators. We had an amazing lesson, that we didn't feel too prepared for, but the whole lesson went so perfectly. We just had perfect scriptures pop into our head (thanks to the spirit) and they were what he needed. He said he couldn't sleep that night, because he couldn't stop thinking about what he felt and thought about during that lesson. It was amazing. 

3.  (Megan) What has been your favorite thing that you've heard about from back home?  
Hearing that you guys are cleaning out the basement!!!! Hahaha! I wish I could be there to help! Well, kinda ;) you guys got this.  Haha!  ;) 

4.  (Derek) What has been your favorite teaching experience so far in your mission?  
Same thing as question 2 probably. Haha!

5.  (Mom) What have YOU learned this week?  I definitely learned that we are going through these trials for a reason. Elder Jones, one of our zone leaders shared a quote with me, and it was a Jeffrey R. Holland quote about trials. I can't exactly remember what it was, and I don't have it with me, But we definitely do grow from our trials. They aren't given to us to pass the time. We are going through them, each individual trial for a greater purpose. 

No comments:

Post a Comment