Monday, October 12, 2015

Week 7 - Email from Elder Holt

We had such a busy week! I hardly had any time this week, to kind of sit and think. I think it's because we had our new missionary training, and then our interviews with President Ahlander. But I went on exchanges twice this week, once with our district leader, Elder Claypool, and once with one of our zone leaders, Elder Palmer. They are both awesome missionaries, and I learned a lot from them! With Elder Palmer, I learned mostly that I need to learn how to take my mission a day at a time. 

There were a few times this week, where I'm still not quite sure why, but I suddenly felt super super homesick. And I have been trying to get rid of that, but it's really hard. So I spent a lot of time on my knees this week, praying for comfort and strength. So hopefully that comes soon. I know it will, I'd just prefer it to be sooner than later!   ;)   

But it was really cool to see how general conference impacted our investigators. They all loved it! I'm super super excited for Halloween now, because the "J" family said their father would be home for a while then, so we are going to find which day works best for their baptisms!! :D it's super exciting! Then we had one of our other investigators, "K", come to church with her two boys, ages 9 and 7,  and they texted us back after church, and they said they absolutely loved it! So that is great! I hope that she continues to pray and read! We saw lots of tiny miracles all week, which was super cool. I really treasure those moments, because they give me comfort, and the willpower to continue on! 

I'm super grateful for the opportunity to be out here, and helping the people here! It's definitely hard, and really discouraging sometimes, but there are other times where I just feel so happy for the people here, and I love that! 

I hope you are all doing well! Love and miss you all! 

No comments:

Post a Comment