Monday, October 26, 2015

Email from Elder Holt - Week 9

Hello hello everyone! :) 

Today is my two month mark! :) I can't believe it's been two months already! It's flying by. It's absolutely crazy haha! But I love it!!! I love teaching the people here! They are all so amazing, and have some amazing stories. We had one guy come to church, who has been in our ward, but he is an excommunicated member of the church, and he wants to join again. He has a super inspiring story, and it's really, really cool to work with the bishop and help bring him back. He still
has such a strong testimony. Our ward mission leader likes to call the less actives we work with, "distracted members" instead of less active. Because that's really all they are. It's not that they are
bad, or anything like that. It's just that they need to refocus, and that's our job as missionaries, as well as finding new people :) it's super amazing :) I love it!

We had a pretty busy week though. It was full of lessons, and visiting potential investigators. We have a HUGE potential list, from referrals from Temple Square in salt lake, and from Mormon.org. So we try and contact them, and hopefully teach them! It's a really cool process! Some of the people we teach end up coming from a temple square referral, and it's really cool to see how interested people are, just from seeing the temple in Salt Lake.

We also got to watch the primary program Sunday! :) all the little kids testimonies are so simple, and true. I love it. It reminded me to keep my testimony focused, and based on simple things. You can always build your foundation. Pres. Eyring talked about that in conference :) But that was mostly it for this week! I hope everything is going well at home! Love and miss all of you! :) I'll talk to you soon! :)

 -Elder Holt

A frog we found after dinner at a country club!

No comments:

Post a Comment