Monday, October 19, 2015

Email from Elder Holt - Week 8

Hey all! :)

Howdy Ho everyone! This week was an absolutely crazy week. We have three baptismal dates set!!!! :) we have "D" set for the 14th of November, and L and M Jones set for the 30th of October :)  ahhhh! I'm so excited for all of them!! I'm so grateful they all committed to being baptized, and are still working towards it. It's so great!
We also had more lessons taught this week than we have been in weeks past! We have been trying to be more exactly obedient, and it seems to be helping our work. It's super awesome! We just try and make sure we are following all the little rules, that don't seem so significant.
But I think Heavenly Father is blessing us as we are trying to follow our rules more exactly :)
We had tons of fun this week too! It poured and poured and poured here on Monday. We got over half of Vegas' average rainfall in one day. It was so fun. Haha! We probably shouldn't have been driving, but we had to drive around to get to our appointments at the end of the day. It
was insane. But it was very fun! Haha! Transfers are today too, but I am staying here with Elder Duce! We are getting a new guy in our apartment though, so we'll see how that turns out ;)
I learned so many different lessons this week. I talked about Prayer in the Q&A already, so I'll talk about ward missionary work. I have noticed in this ward, how involved they are with the full time
missionaries. Nearly everyone in the ward is more than willing to help us as missionaries and it's awesome. We have meals with members pretty much every single night. And we nearly always have our ward mission leader, or other ward missionaries at our lessons to fellowship those
we are teaching. I love it! It's so helpful to us, and it helps those we are teaching even more because they get to know people in their ward. It's just remarkable to see the ward be so willing to help us.
We had two very less active families just randomly show up to church today, and want us to help them get back into the swing of things. So many different things have showed me the miracles that Heavenly Father gives us this week.
I'm so grateful for the things I'm learning here, and for the opportunity I have to be here. I'm grateful for the other missionaries here, and for what they teach me. I love being here, and helping
people every single day. I have seriously learned so much. It's amazing :) I love you all! Thanks for your examples! See you all soon!
:)

Elder Holt :)

No comments:

Post a Comment