Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Week Two (Email from Elder Holt)

Hi everyone!!! 

:D I just got to the mission field yesterday, and so far I'm loving it!! My companion Elder Duce is such an awesome guy. He's been out around a year, and really loves it here. I'm looking forward to working more with him. I also love the area so far.  It's really cool. But I'm on bike. So it's hot. That was kind of confusing... But yeah, it's more hot than cool here ;)  But I met a mother Debbie and her son Chris. Debbie is drug free for 32 days now. Which is SUPER amazing.  She is excited to get to the temple so she can get her daughter, who passed away a while ago, baptized and confirmed in the temple. She stays motivated with that thought. Her son is like 23 and lives at home. He was also on drugs for 5 years. So they're really trying to turn their life around. Which is amazing!

We also met another cool family. The parents are Alex (Alejandro) and Brianda. The kids are Alex, 18 and Valerie, 16 and Lucious (Loo Shus) who is 10. The kids love Pokemon!  And Valerie plays the flute in the marching band. I didn't actually meet Alex the 18 year old. But they all seem super anxious to come to church again. They're all members. And yeah. Those are the two families I met. They're awesome :) 

I have four Elders total in my apartment. Elder Duce (my companion) and Elder Claypool, and Elder McBride. They're all studs. I'm really excited to get to know them all more.  So yeah. I don't have much to say yet. Second day down, too many to count to go. ;) But I'm really loving it so far. It's amazing!!! I love everyone here! Have fun everyone!!! The gospel is true!! I know it with all my heart. Don't ever forget it. I love you all!!! 

Elder Holt 

Notes from Karen:
-Elder Holt's first area is right in Las Vegas.  After googling it, we found he is only about 8 miles from the Las Vegas Strip  
-It was 104 degrees in Las Vegas today!  (gulp)
-He went straight from the airport to an LDS Meetinghouse where they did Missionary Transfers, and received his first area assignment.  He spent 6 hours there, doing traning, etc.  Then.....got straight to work!  


Elder Holt, Elder Duce, Sister Savea, and Sister Strange

Elder Holt with his first companion in the mission field, Elder Duce, from Idaho



No comments:

Post a Comment